Saturday, March 27, 2010

SPRING IN MY GARDEN

I know Spring officially started last week, but here in the rocky mountains, at the base of Pikes Peak, I am just beginning to see signs of life in my garden. I have decided I want to document my garden from now until Fall so I'll be posting pictures regulary. My garden is another way that I can enjoy texture. I spend most of the winter trying to recreate the textures of nature in my art. Now I get to go outside and play and enjoy the textures up close and personal. Here are some photographs I took this afternoon.

This first one is of my daffodils. I love how they are peaking out of the dead leaves and branches that have blanketed them all winter. Can you see the munchings from the deer? They wreak havoc in my garden all summer long and I guess forgot from last year that they really don't like daffodils. Beginnings of life on the Maple tree. My husband's eyes are already beginning to water.

Fuzzies on the Aspen trees. The juncos and house finches in the garden have already started to go for them instead of the seed in the feeders.

This coming week is supposed to be in the 60's and 70's so maybe I'll have some first blooms on the daffodils to show soon.


2 comments:

  1. spring at last coming! seeing greens everywhere and blooming everywhere make life happy, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, Spring is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete