Friday, October 1, 2010

CLOTH TO CLOTH WORKSHOP CONTINUES

The Cloth to Cloth workshop continues. I've had a cold all week (my annual back to school cold--my kids go to school, bring home a cold and give it to me), and I haven't had much energy for anything other than keeping up with the lessons.  The first 3 pictures are small anchored weavings I plan on adding to larger pieces. They measure about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 inches. The last two photos are from this week's lesson on  double weavings. Five layers of fabric are used which allows you to cut into the layers to reveal what is below. This allows for all kinds of options--highlighting special fabrics, creating windows to reveal  treasures, making weaves within weaves, and on and on. Lots of possibilities. We have also been exploring stitches for securing ragged edges. Next week we work on embellishment. Can't wait for that.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE LOOKS OF THIS POST. BLOGGER HAS CHANGED IT'S FORMAT AND I HAVEN'T THE ENERGY TO FIGURE IT ALL OUT AND MAKE THINGS LOOK GOOD.



No comments:

Post a Comment