Tuesday, March 22, 2011


Being a fiber artist I've always liked the idea of having a soft cover journal. So today's project was to come up with  a journal  cover using some of my hand painted fabrics. For the outside cover I choice a piece of sunprinted fabric that I made a few years back. The fabric was actually from a silk scarf that I painted and was unhappy with. So I repainted it and did the sunprinting with some maple leaves.
For the inside cover I choice a piece of commercial fabric that I think cooridinates well with the outside cover. I fused both pieces to a piece of fast 2  fuse interfacing, rounded the edge and then edge stitched the cover with a zig zag stitch. That's as far as I have gotten. Still have to add the 5 signatures of canson mixed media paper and make a few adjustments on the closure. Hopefully I'll get to that tonight after dinner. This journal is 5"x5" so it's a nice size to fit into a purse or tote bag. I'm really enjoying using supplies I have on hand and not going out to buy every little thing I "think" I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment